Sunday, January 15, 2006

12 week challenge

I started this 12 week challenge on Monday.. I kind of made up the rules but got my inspiration from Paulene's site.. I will be posting my results here and on Paulene's site. Philippa is doing the challenge with me! Nothing like a buddy to come along for the ride!


Ash's 12 week Challenge
The guidelines:
  • Must eat all 22 points of food each day unless saving up for a reason
  • Avoid foods that are not good for my body
  • Exercise 6 days per week including pilates or yoga
  • Rest 1 day per week
  • Weigh and measure every Monday (no more, no less)
  • Journal at least once a week recording feelings, changes etc
  • Do a daily devotion to help keep my life in balance

So there it is.. I began on Monday and so far so good.. 6 days down. I am feeling absolutely fantastic!

I have exercised my 6 days and today is my rest day.. Monday I did 45 mins of cardio in the morning at the gym plus a deep water aqua class in the evening (If you haven't tried one, you simply must!), Tuesday I did a spin class, Wednesday I went for a very hilly 30min walk with Philippa and Mezz, Thursday I did pump plus 15 mis of jogging/5mins walking, Friday I did soft start class but pushed all the moves to high impact and Yesterday I finished the week with a very relaxing yoga class.. I really needed the stretch out after all that!

I really feel I have so much more energy after that! The only setback I have had so far was when dad came out last night with a bowl of icecream and pudding for me.. putting me over points by like 6 points or something.. Normally I would say no thankyou but this was such an unexpected and thoughtful thing for my dad to do.. He doesn't usually do things like that! If you knew him, you'd eat it too! He would have been so hurt if I had refused.. he doesn't understand what I am trying to do but he doesn't mean any harm... Luckily I only come to his place once a month (if that). So all I have to do is have a couple of low point days and keep up the exercise and I should be fine.

Anyway, My first weigh in on Monday was 82.3.. the lowest so far! Yay! Can't wait for weigh in!! I feel like I have done really well and my jeans are feeling looser. So glad I am measuring too as I really need to see results and I've been doing weights this week and may not see a huge jump on the scales.. I'm going to be a 70s girl soon!

Thanks to everyone for all their messages!!

PS. Ask Philippa for the recipe for her yummy moroccan lentil soup!

8 Comments:

At Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:34:00 pm, Blogger Kathryn said...

It's great when you get that mental payoff for exercising... better even than the results on the scales :)

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:54:00 pm, Blogger Anne said...

Sounds like a great challenge and seems like you are doing great!

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:06:00 pm, Blogger Ang said...

Well done!!
Yay go the exercise!!!!
:)

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:21:00 pm, Blogger laura said...

so glad that ur back..thought u were gonna dissapear again...go te challenge, sound so great...what a fantastic week for u with great results...so many more to come huh

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:26:00 pm, Blogger RaeC said...

Look at you go!! You are doing fantastic Ashwee... awesome week you've had :)

Rae x

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 6:48:00 am, Blogger Sue said...

You had a great first week to your challenge!

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 7:07:00 am, Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

Sounds like you really have things moving well... WIll pop in to see how the weigh went today!!

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 9:03:00 am, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Well done darl, what a great week you've had!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home