Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mind games

Had a crazy day!
My mind has been playing tricks on me.. I feel like I am not doing the right thing when I am!
Here's an email I sent to Philippa.
"Feeling really confused about how much I should be eating...

How does this sound?

B- Allbran
Skim milk
skinny hot chocolate
S- 1 Light salada
light cheese slice
tomato
L- tuna tempers o.dried tom & basil
1 cup basmati rice
S- Apple
Diet yoghurt
D- veggie soup (point free)
S- Fruit and yoghurt
How many points do you think this is worth?

I have been doing this for ages and I shouldn't have to ask.. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me, telling me I am not doing a good job coz I'm still in the 84s.

I guess I'm lucky I wasn't more after the lazy food filled couple of weeks I have had.

Oh well, Back on the wagon again!

Went to the gym last night. Probably go again tonight.. there is pump on in the city at 6:30 tonight.. I probably shouldn't do it though coz I did weights last night and they say you shouldn't do weights 2 days in a row so your muscle can repair.

Maybe I'll do more jogging..

Hmmm... Feel a little flat.."

Here is Phil's reply

"You are doing so well darl, and I will not hear otherwise!
I think you might be experiencing what I was about five weeks ago. I had a
look at your list of food there and (you might hate me for saying this) but
I don't think you're eating enough. I worked it out to be 14 points (not
including the hot chocolate, which would take it up to maybe 15 or 16) For
our weight we should be on 22 points per day and not drop it back to 20
until we hit 80kg. When I hit my plateau of 88.9 I was eating around 18-19
points per day and exercising regularly (not really challenging myself
though, which is the difference between us - cos you are!) but I couldn't
figure out why I wasn't losing any weight.

Ever since it was pointed out to me that I wasn't eating enough, I started
eating a minimum of 20 a day. Most days I eat 21 - one day last week I had
23.5 (naughty!) but I have been losing every week ever since. There are
some days where I don't feel very hungry - those are my 17 days, but that
means I have some points to use later in the week, so I don't worry too much
about it.

Another thing that was suggested to me was to change the kind of food I ate,
and not have the same things all the time, particularly with breakfast.
This is a typical day for me:
B: 1 serve Vaalia French Vanilla Low Fat Yoghurt 1.5
1 serve Carmans Classic Fruit Muesli 3
A few strawberries 0
L: Homemade Pizza 6.5 or Vegetable Soup 4 or Stuffed Potatoes with salad 4
D: 1 piece Lasagna (6), carrots, corn, broccoli & cauliflower (0), then
strawberries and mango (1) with passionfruit frozen yoghurt (2.5), Diet
lemonade (0)
Total: 20.5 (pizza) / 18 (other lunches)

If I had the pizza for lunch I would have a piece of fruit or carrot/celery
sticks with salsa if I felt like a snack. If I had the 4 point options for
lunch, I would probably have a homemade date and apple scone (2 points each)
as well as the other snack options.

I remember when I worked full time what a pain it was to think of things to
take for lunch each day because most of the time I just didn't have the time
to think about it. 99% of the time I would take leftovers from last nights
dinner - which can be a great option. Taking a nice big roll jam packed
with lots of salad would be a great idea too. When I am out and about in
the city I tend to either get a wonton soup from the dumpling place (about 6
points) or 2 sushi rolls (5.5 points) - they tend to be the cheapest thing.
I think you came out of your birthday bash very well - and you had such
lovely healthy food at the party. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed
a party so much.

Keep trying hard darl - don't give up. You've come so far, and I know
everyone in your life is very proud of you. You are such an inspiration to
me. We will get there together!!!"
I am oficially crazy!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:01:00 pm, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Oh wow, I have been "quoted"!! And is that you in the photo?! heh heh

As I said, we will get there together - I'm not letting you give up!

Have you had your 22 points today?

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:58:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I think so phil.. I'm not sure.. hmmm

I wont give up... you don't have to worry about that!

I ended up doing a step class!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home