Friday, December 16, 2005

Delusional haze

Isn’t it funny how everything seems to be rolling along just the way you think it should when… BAM!!!

It’s that time of the month, yuk, yuk!! (TTOMYY)

Okay, so here is a quick re-cap of my last few days.

· Personal training on Tuesday, feeling great, ready to take on the world.. I say to myself on Tuesday night “I’m SOOO getting up early to go to the gym tomorrow!” And I really believe I will!

· Wednesday morning… alarm goes off, I roll over, eyes half open and say to John “I am SOOO not going to the gym this morning”. I roll over and go back to sleep… so does John, and we both sleep in.


· Wednesday night… convinced I am pregnant! I feel so bad! My boobs feel like two bricks! But no sign of you know what!! On the way to our small group (church thing) I scoffed half a box of Sohos and a few big handfuls of air-popped popcorn… must be pregnant coz I never binge!… ps. Ate the rest of the Sohos at the group.

· Thursday morning… Guess who arrived!? That’s right it’s TTOMYY! Did I mention that this happens every month? I fully think I am pregnant every single month! It is really quite hilarious/sad one of the two... You’d think after 9 years of experiencing TTOMYY that I’d recognise when it is near!


· Thursday night… Hubby’s work Christmas do- healthy salads and barbequed chicken breast! Praise the Lord! Don’t have to worry about controlling myself too much… whoops forgot about the huge bowl of ice cream I ate for afters... well it was LIGHT!! I know, I know! Just because it’s light it doesn’t mean I can have twice as much! But I did anyway… and it was very yummy… Blue Ribbon Light wild berry flavour. Do try it! Haha!!

So here I am on Friday morning... a little battered and bruised from my last few days of being in a TTOMYY delusional haze. But I’m still here! And I’m just going to take a deep breath and keep plugging along.

Christmas is nearly here! It’s is my favourite time of the year! Hey, that rhymed! Hubby put our little Christmas tree up a couple of days ago and tried to make our tiny little flat a little bit festive just for me… what an absolute sweetypie! I need that right now.. I feel good, but as I said, battered and bruised! I feel TTOMYY gets worse every month!
Ho Ho Ho!

6 Comments:

At Friday, December 16, 2005 12:26:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ash! Thanks for leaving me a comment.

I totally understand about TTOM. I always freak out every month that I'm pregnant. It's stupid, but it's something I worry about. So you're not the only one!

I hope you are feeling better about all of this soon. Have a great weekend.

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 1:50:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not worried as such about pregnancy.. I would be thrilled to find out if I was as I am in a happy and committed relationship.. However it would just not be the best time right now as I'd be giving birth right before I started my placement next year.. I want to finish uni first.

I was on the pill but my body hated it.. I like doing things naturally!

xo

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 2:40:00 pm, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Oh yes, TTOM.

I don't really like being on the pill either, but the good thing about it is you can re-arrange it to arrive to suit your schedule, or skip it all together! I've arranged it that my trip to NZ will be TTOM free!

Isn't it funny how when we were in say Grade 6 all this was so exciting and you couldn't wait to get it... and now, it's just one big drag!!

Loved your style of writing this post - very Bridget Jones!

See you tonight beautiful!!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 2:48:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

When I was on the pill my period used to come early... late.. whenever the frig it wanted to! It used to come even when I was on the hormone pills.. Figured that was a sign I should go off!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 3:28:00 pm, Blogger Ang said...

Oh the joys of womanhood (yeah right)
Oh to be a guy ....... wouldn't life be so much easier. Or would it?
:) A

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 5:58:00 pm, Blogger laura said...

hey thanks for the post...i'm looking forward to getting things back on track...big party to go to tonight..so my last little alcohol binge then its all good for me (maybe a bit for new year) please do stay in touch...its very helpful to me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home