Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Better late than never

If I don't post about Sunday Phil will kill me! I am very slack!
On sunday, Mez (my sis in law and best friend) and I travelled across the city (in our new car WOOHOO!) to meet with Phil for an afternoon of scrapbooking bliss! I have never done it before.. scrapbooking virgin!
When we arived the yummy aroma of baked potatos wafted out of Phil and Dave's place. Phil has definately mastered the art of stuffing and baking a good spud! YUM! Sweetcorn and bacon! Good combo! She served it with a lovely green salad and we all sat at the tabe like very civilized people!
Our bodies fueled, we proceded into the "scrapbooking zone" (aka. Phil and Dave's spare room). I showed Phil some of my yet to be albumed wedding photos (it's only been a year! Give a girl some time!) and I chose a couple to begin scrapping with.
Phil's an expert... she has all the right gear! I felt so terrible for using her stuff that I wanted to pay her. Phil just said that when we go to a scrapbooking store with her, Mezz and I can buy her a pressie... sounds good to me..
We were shown some scrapbooking basics and I began on my first page.. I used a photo of John and I holding hands before we exchanged rings.. very cute.. Phil has these cool things called "rub ons" where you can rub letters onto a page (transfers) using a paddle pop stick.. We used those to write John & Ash along the bottom. This picture was fastened to a pink patterned background and just looked gorgeous. I did two other pages.. My favourite is a pink and green page with a picture of my bridesmaids also wearing pink and green!
Thanks for teaching me Phil!
Mezz did a cool page for her friend's 21st birthday using old funny pictures of shenanigans at school. She wants to learn to scrap so she can make a baby book for when her baby is born in March! Yay! Aunty Ash!
Food's going well this week.. Just joined "Diet Club" Online with my mum. Great site for counting calories and fat etc.. Check it out some time.. www.dietclub.com.au
I am going to weigh this weekend coming.. I decided to give myself another week to recover from my birthday!

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:47:00 pm, Blogger philippa_moore said...

We did have a lovely time, didn't we? I haven't scrapped for such a long time, so I'm feeling inspired to get back into it. Your pages were so beautiful.

What did everyone think of them?

We'll have to get you an album to put them in!

Hope you're having a great week darl xoxoxo

 
At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:16:00 pm, Blogger Lucinda said...

I must be having a slow day ... reading through your blog - and going 'who on earth is Phil? blokes scrapbook' ... then 'oh of course' its Philippa you numnut!

I found you through her blog...so you think I would have figured that out earlier on?!

Lucinda :)

 
At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:14:00 pm, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Some blokes scrapbook too! My David started a "Collingwood Scrapbook" in 2003 when they were actually doing well - he hasn't touched it for a while!

This is not the first time that someone thought I (Phil) was a guy. When David and I were getting married, a friend of ours was talking to someone who didn't know us about "Phil and Dave's wedding" and they were like "oh how cute, a gay wedding"! I guess it's my fault, I could be called Pippa for short, but I won't answer to that, as Ash knows! :)

 
At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:29:00 pm, Blogger Baby Bump Wanted said...

hey just checking out your blog, the photo of you and philippa is great, you both look so amazing. you both have lost heaps of weight.
if you would like to check my blog out it is http://flbanham.blogspot.com
fiona

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:34:00 am, Blogger Sue said...

What a great day you had. How lovely to have a niece or nephew to look forward to!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:00:00 pm, Blogger Kt said...

sounds like scrapping was great fun, i need to learn sometime!

hope u have a lovely weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home