Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Gym Junkie


No.. that's not me!
I really needed an endorphin rush tonight after my crazy brain had it's fun with me during the day... I actually think it was the devil.. trying to get me to give up coz he doesn't want me to have a healthy body and an active fun life.. Yeah..
Well let me tell you that God and I have won this battle together using a lethal, fat destroying weapon called a step class!
I burned over 700 calories! yay!
I have been exercising every day in some way whether it be a class, my gym programme or a walk with my lovely hubby along the maribirnong river track (who knew it would be so nice?... certainly not me!). I have not gone over my points for the last 2 weeks... I've gone under actually.. yeah.. working on that one.. don't worry!
I decided not to make point free soup and actually try to eat up all my points tonight so I made an amazing (if I do say so myself) veggie curry..
Ash's special veggie comfort curry
1 tbs oil
2 large spuds cubed
1/4 pumpkin cubed (whatever variety you like)
1 med zuchinni cubed
1 large squash or 2 smaller ones cubed
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic however you like chopped/crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbs red curry paste
a small bunch of fresh basil chopped
1 can chick peas drained & rinsed
1 can brown lentils drained & rinsed
1 can (bigger.. not the tiny ones) light evaporated milk
Brown or basmati rice
1 cup water
(1 tsp coconut essence optional)
Brown onion, garlic, cumin and curry bowder in a large pot (don't let the garlic burn!)
Throw in veggies, lentils, chickpeas and evaporated milk (and coconut essence for a thai experience!)
stir in curry paste & basil
Add water and stir
Simmer until spuds (particularly) and other veggies are tender and the sauce has thickened
Serve with brown or basmati rice...
Serves HEAPS!
Frozen 5 containers of it and Mezz and I ate it for dinner.. so that's 7 serves!
Nothing like a few endorphins & a curry to cheer a girl up!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:07:00 am, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Yum! That curry sounds delish!

Good on you for doing a step class - they are wicked. I always had a bit of trouble with them, tripping over my big clown feet!!

Hope you have a happy day today xx

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:34:00 am, Blogger Kathryn said...

Step classes are so beyond me. Well anything requiring co-ordination.

The maribynong path is great. I used to walk there before I moved north.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:56:00 pm, Blogger Sue said...

I'm with the other girls - always end up either lying in a pretzel shaped heap or knocking someone out! Well done on your exercixe and eating.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:42:00 pm, Blogger Kt said...

700 cal is huge!!!! wow
the curry sounds very nice indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home