Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Personal training!

I was in the Gym on Saturday and I got chatting to one of the trainers. I told her how I was thinking of doing some personal training sessions over the holidays just to keep myself on track in a time where it is very tempting to not exercise!

After chatting for a few minutes "Perri" offered me a complimentary session to try it out and see if I like it.. I couldn't turn down such a good offer and I booked in for 8pm tonight!

I have just returned home and I feel so great! I haven't pushed myself that hard in such a long time!!

We began with travelling lunges holding 4kgs in each hand, we then moved onto push-ups on the smith machine (where you set the bar really low and use the bar to lean on while you do push-ups), then we did a combined exercise where I used the 4kg hand weights and did a squat while I did bicep curls and then lifted the weights over my head.. it really got my heart rate up! Then I did bench press on the smith machine- I lifted 20kgs.. We did these exercises in a circuit.. reps of 15 done twice.

After that we moved on to doing dead and upright rows with a 15kg bar bell, tricep stuff with the bar bell at 10kgs (not very strong in my triceps!).. again in a circuit with 2x15 reps. I then did some ab work and Perri stretched me out..


It was such a great work out!

I am thinking of getting a package of 10 to use over summer.. I find it helps when I have a change of routine, or a new thing to do.. it gets me motivated again..

I took my measurements again (must remember to post them) and I have lost a total of something like 86cms off my body since March!! Wow! All those cms from only a 10kg weight loss in that time!

I love weights training!

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:43:00 am, Blogger Ang said...

WEll done! woooohooo that sounds like a fair bit of work. Good idea to treat yourself to some PT sessions, you deserve it!
:) A

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:45:00 am, Blogger Leighanne said...

Sounds like a great idea!!
86 cms lost is really great:)

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:52:00 am, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Sounds great Ash! It's a wonderful idea to treat yourself to something like this, where you'll be getting so much out of it.

And 86 cms?! Wow!! You're on fire girlie!

xxxxx

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:02:00 am, Blogger Baby Bump Wanted said...

The work out sounded great and well done on the loss and so close to the 70's well done

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:22:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks chicks!

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:01:00 pm, Blogger RaeC said...

AMEN to the loving weight training Ashwee!! I remember when I did my first 12-week challenge, the scale didn't move hardly at all, but I lost like 8 cm's from my hips... sounds like you are growing muskles girl!! AWESOME!!

Rae xxx

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:56:00 pm, Blogger Kt said...

personal training is fantastic, i love it! i havent been loosing weight fast & it can be a bit depressing but i get my body fat done & measurements & it shows what the scales dont!
it would definitely be a good idea to get it over summer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home