Friday, October 21, 2005

Up and at 'em!!

Got up really early this morning... 4:59 to be precise.. Got a message from Luds last night to ask if I wanted to go to the gym this morning.. I was planning on going after work but I thought.. why not?

Stepped through the doors at fernwood at 5:59 and was on the treadmil warming up by 6:05...

I did weights (upped them a bit so it hurt).. Then I hopped on the treadmil when Luds arrived for 1/2 an hour.. then I got off and went on che cross trainer for 10 mins and then hopped back on the treadmil for the rest of the hour...

I jogged for 7 mins straight in the first treadmill bracket and for 6 mins in the 2nd on 8.5kms.

I always get to 1 km and want to stop even though my body is actually doing okay! I was telling myself "your body feels good, you don't have to stop" but something just made me stop.. I could have gone to 10 mins I am sure.. so that is my new challenge.. to run for 10 mins straight!

I have to weigh tomorrow... I am scared.. I haven't weighed for 2 weeks! hmm... I have been going well with food but TTOM is suppoed to be tommorow and I feel sooo heavy this afternoon...

I am a student on placement in the statewide aquired brain injury unit at Melbourne Citymission.. We work with people in the 1st 2 years after getting a brain injury so it is pretty full on.. many people have had strokes or attempted suicide and ended up with a brain injury.. Went to a funeral today.. we had a client die on Monday.. it was someone I have been working with directly.. it's really hard... He got this condition called CIDP (not sure what it is) and went to hospital and got his brain injury through a bungled surgical procedure and died 12 months later after degenerating very quickly... It was so sad.. he was only 50.

RIP MB

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 10:30:00 pm, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Hi Ashwee - saw your comment on Jesse's site, so thought I'd check out how you're going. I really enjoyed reading what you've done so far. You sound so determined and motivated.

I have so much respect for social workers. It is such important work. I could never do it myself -too sensitive for my own good - but I am in awe of those who do it, so hats off to you. Sad to read about your client who passed away. It really makes you put things in perspective, doesn't it?

Love your favourite verse at the bottom - it's beautiful! I have many favourites, but I think John 3:34-36 would be number one. I also love this bit of wisdom from Ecclesiastes 12:12 - "There is no end to the writing of books, and too much study will wear you out" - that was my mantra during my exam periods at uni!

Will link you to my blog - and best of luck for weigh in tomorrow!!

Cheers,
Philippa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home